Friday, October 31, 2008

Home Improvements

We've always HATED the carpet that is in our dining room. Carpet in the dining room under my messy boys is just a joke. The milk gets spilled, and ground into the carpet, food is always spilled, I'm constantily having to vacuum (ok- have the boys vacuum and revaccuum) the carpet. A "Before" Picture. We did tear the carpet off the 2 bottom steps before we took this- we had to take the steps out to lay the flooring down- it was easier than trying to go around them .Sunday night- Ben found some laminate flooring listed on KSL.com classifieds for less than 1/3- goodness even less than 1/6 of the normal price. So we made a quick trip to Salt Lake and beyond to pick it up. It's beautiful! Ben has spent the past couple of nights laying it down in our dining room. It looks BEAUTIFUL! We still need to put some caulking or something around the edges, and put the steps back in, but WOW! I love it!


4 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow what a big difference! It looks fantastic. I agree with you... no carpeting in the dining room! Carpets and food just don't mix.

Amber said...

It looks great!! It goes with the logs so well! Now the boys get to sweep!!

Emily said...

It looks so good! I like it a lot! Our old house had carpet in the bathroom (odd), and I always wanted to replace it, but we never did. I'm sure you'll LOVE this much better!

Eric and Natalie said...

This looks really good. I know what you mean about carpet in the Kitchen we had that growing up and HATING it! it was always messy and always had to vaccum it!....looks great!