Thursday, October 9, 2008

My little Chef

Last night for dinner- I made some fajitas (an overabundance of bell peppers in our garden this year). The boys were running around fighting as usual (sad that's an ordinary thing around here!) And Doodle was teasing Roo. So I called Roo in to help me make dinner. We went to the basement to get some fruit to make a fruit salad. Roo found some pineapple and mandarin oranges. I was going to mix some pudding mix, or cool whip or something in with them, but didn't have anything. So Roo made our salad. lol- I opened the cans, drained them and handed them to Roo. He dumped them in the bowl, and asked for a "stir thing" So I gave him a spoon and he mixed them all together. I handed him the bowl and said to put it on the table. He gets as far as the table, then said "take my picture mom" ROFL- I guess he's seen the big boys get their pictures taken with food they make as school projects. So I took his picture with his "salad" He was pretty proud as he asked dad "please pass the salad I made" Silly kid!

3 comments:

Amber said...

IT looks wonderful, he did a great job!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty, colorful salad. Good job, Roo!

Emily said...

It's amazing how proud kids can be of something we think is so simple!