Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin carving fun

Halloween- what can I say about Halloween- I'd just as soon skip the whole holiday. What exactly are we "celebrating" anyway? According to my boys we are celebrating "Candy!" uggg! Just what I need- more sugar running through these wild kids! The town does a "trunk or treat" at the park-and while the boys would love to go- I'm simply not giving in! We are going to a Halloween party at Ben's aunt's house in Kaysville. Dinner, movies, games, and it'll be tons of fun. The boys can wear those silly costumes they've been planning, and Doodle says."maybe there will be some candy there"
Anyhow Sunday evening we carved our pumpkins (again, I'd rather skip the whole Halloween thing- but the boys grew pumpkins in the garden just so we could carve them.) - YES they are kinda odd shaped- but hey that's what grew in the garden- so that's what we used.
from left to right- Doodle's, Ben's, mine, Bug's, Roo's
Bug scooping the guts out.
Doodle- telling Dad how he wanted his carved.
Roo- decorating his with marker, drawing hair on it.
Doodle- he had to carve his all by himself- YIKES- but he still has 10 fingers- so he did fine.

3 comments:

Becky said...

I totally agree Halloween is useless. We usually go to see all the Grandparents but this year the kids voted to go to the trunk or treat. We'll see if they get to vote next year. Great pumpkins :)

Anonymous said...

We're celebrating candy, costumes, and campy movies. *LOL!* Those jack-o-lanterns look VERY cool.

The Headmistress of the Monkey House
http://momofmonkeys.wordpress.com/

Samantha said...

I agree it's just a bunch of sugar to cause cavities and keep the Dentists in business. That's why Colin and I eat most of the candy. He he.