Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall is in the air...or is it winter?!

Ok so we get ready for church yesterday morning, look out the window and there is SNOW falling from the sky. After church there was enough snow on the car that it needed scraped off....(where in the world did that window scraper go!?- probably in the truck- it hasn't been used lately for some reason lol) Here's a view out our front door. ok- so it wasn't really a lot of snow- and it's mostly melted now- it's just the simple fact that it's FALL- and I don't wanna skip fall and go straight to winter!
Fall is when I'm in the mood for popcorn. :p yum it just seems to fit with the season for some reason. And When Ben was at the Produce stand buying apples for me to make applesauce with (that's a whole nother post my basement full of jarred goods) he picked up some popcorn. yes- on a cob! Seee!!! The guy there told him to just microwave it in a paper bag. So after church we decided to give it a try. YUM! The popcorn was delicious. It just popped right off the cob into the paper bag. Here's what it looked like when it was done. Except for the first one that I burned a little bit. yuck! I hate the smell of burnt popcorn.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yes, I'm a little annoyed too about the whole fall thing not even happening this year. One day it's 80, the next 30 and snowing...blech.
The popcorn looks cool!

J and Ris said...

That is so cool! My kids want to try the whole popcorn thing now! I'm glad that we saw the snow fall here but it didn't stick! Yeah for us in our wonderful weather! Sorry you got snow!