Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday Doodle!!

Wow! I can't believe he's 6 already! It seems only yesterday we were getting a call from our RFC saying they had a foster care placement for us, a 4 month old baby boy who was cute as could be. He has a fun day planned- playing all day with his friend, picking up Dad and going swimming, then out to eat somewhere, and then of course, presents and cake.
Even at 4 months old he was energetic and fun. He never stayed in one place for long. Doodle's First birthday- just before he returned to his birth mom.
Doodle at the circus- 18 months- just after he returned to us.
The day the Judge finalized the adoption!
Doodle Riding his bike- Just before he turned 4!
Last fall at the Dinosaur park- Doodle loves to dig.
When Doodle says "mom take my picture" I have to hurry quick, because often he ends up running from the camera, or turning the other way before I've hit the button.
Happy Birthday Doodle! We love you! I am so grateful that you are a member of our forever family. Hope you have a fun day today!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Doodle!

You're an awesome little guy and it's been fun to look at the pictures of you growing up and remember when you were much smaller, but still full of of energy!

Love,
Tim, Amber, Wyatt, & Luke

Knight Bunch said...

WOW! Can't believe how time flies. He is part of an amazing family!!! Hope the day was great for him.....Tami

J and Ris said...

This is really crazy but I'm thinking your birthday is this month- the 23rd? I always get your b-day and Jeneane's mixed up. One of you had a b-day in Sept. and Valerie had her b-day today (I think!) I'm losing it!

Eric and Natalie said...

that is so crazy how time flies...but it is true he does always keep you going! Happy Birthay Christian!

Erika said...

Happy Birthday Christian. What fun pictures!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday! What adorable pictures, you were such a cute baby and a handsome 6 year old. I love the new blog layout Andrea, nice job.

Rachel said...

cute new layout! The friend had a great time too! He couldn't stop talking about it....of course!

Wild Rasmussen said...

I can't belive it has been that long I can remember when grandma had told be that you guys got to add him to your family that is great. I bet your a great Mother you would have to be to home school them that is great.

Amanda said...

What a sweet little boy!! We are hoping to start fostering as well when Rexi gets a little older!

blessings,
Amanda (from Wholly by Grace)