Friday, August 8, 2008

Breaking Boards

Bug and Doodle went to Karate last night to a Breaking class. They recently changed the requirements for the belts- and one thing they added was breaking boards- Bug needs to be able to break 2 boards vertically for the Purple belt he's working on. Ben took them down to the class. When I heard breaking boards- I was assuming (and you know what assuming does!) the boards they were breaking were like thin, maybe 1/4 inch or so..... but NO! Look at these boards! They are almost 2 inches thick! Bug broke 3! 2 at one time, and then the other 1 individually. Doodle broke one too! When they got home and were telling me about it- Doodle was saying that the first time he tried- he didn't hit it right, and hit his wrist instead and it hurt. Then the Sensei made him try again at the end of class, and he did it. He said to me "You just pretend it's paper, and you can do it"

Bug with the boards he broke- I'm still amazed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Bug & Doodle!

Rachel said...

For mutual the teachers did this and I went to get the boys and Nate had me try and.......I couldn't do it, pretty much i just hurt my hand! Good job bug!