Monday, August 24, 2009

Backpacks and caves

Over the weekend- we decided to make another trip up to Bloomington Lake. This time we backpacked in- it was a nice short hike- less than a mile in- but it was a great trip. The Indian Paintbrush is my favorite wildflower- I love when it's all in bloom. The kids all packed their own stuff- even Roo (well- he packed his sleeping bag, his clothes were in Bug's pack) Doodle has a go at the rope swing. We hiked around one side of the lake a while.
I think a dirty face means he had a fun time.On our way home- we decided to stop in at Minnetonka Cave. It was nice and cool in there. The formations were neat to see, and the kids had no problems with all the stairs (who am I kidding, I knew they'd be fine- it was me I was worried about- all 444 steps in and 444 steps back out of the cave!-- Bug wanted to know who was crazy enough to count them all)

5 comments:

Amber said...

were is this lake?? It looks fun!!

Florence Family said...

You are the most adventurous family I know. We need camping lessons. We don't go nearly enough.
Lindsi

Shelley Hansen said...

Lots of FUN!! The lake looks great! Where is this place at?

Andrea said...

The lake is up past Bear Lake- when you get to the town Bloomington- you turn and go up Bloomington Canyon. It's quite a ways up the canyon on a dirt road.

J and Ris said...

I'm jealous! My husband is jealous! We haven't been up to bloomington lake in about 10 years! We really should go with you guys next year. I don't see us making it down there this year! It looks like you had a great time!