Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Workbox Wednesday

Kendra over at Pumpkin Patch always has fun posts about what's in their workboxes. So I thought I'd join her in Weekly Workbox post. Here's a few fun things that have been in our workboxes lately
In Roo's (age 4) Boxes
I found some alphabet stamps on the dollar isle at Target- and bought an ink pad. He stamped the letters and told me what letters he was stamping.

His finished project
Also- a pie tin with a bit of cornmeal in the bottom, and he practices drawing different letters in the tin. Yesterday I was babysitting my nephews and my niece- they got to join us for school niece A and nephew J are helping Roo make "Pizzas" with fraction pie pieces.


Here's their pizzas. I challenged them to make pizzas with different colors in them.
Roo's Book for the week is The Quiet Way Home It's a sweet fun story- one of our favorites!- The art lesson talked about Primary Colors- so they painted with the primary colors, and even mixed and made a few more colors.
Roo and his cousin J had fun fishing for alphabet letters- this is always a hit for school.Doodle's boxes


Doodle had a Marcy Cook Tile page in his drawer. These are lots of fun! Great way to do math without having to use a pencil. :D
Yesterday Doodle and his cousin J worked on an alphabet folder game. (ok- so this was WAY easy for both of them, they had fun racing to put the letters in the correct order)This was the funest workbox item yesterday- there was a map and a few facts about rivers- that we talked about- then they were told to go to the sandbox and make a river. The Workboxes are a real hit. I love that right after breakfast- Both Doodle and Roo know to head strait to the computer room and grab drawers #1.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE this post! Very inspiring.