Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Doodle!!

Time goes so fast! Doodle turns 7 years old today! I can still remember the day when the social worker called me and said "We have a baby for you" and I knew in an instant that this was the Lord's way of answering my prayers. It was a long road before he was mine forever- but so worth it in the end.

Ben feeding Doodle- the first night he came to our home. Bug sitting there too. Bug was so protective of Doodle when he was younger- I remember going to a church party- just a few days after we got Doodle, and a friend asked to hold him, and I let her. Bug piped up "That's OUR baby- she can't hold our baby!"
Doodle at his first birthday party. His cake was a yellow smiley face- because his nickname was "Smiley" he was always smiling.Happy Doodle after he returned to our family-he was 18 months old.Our Family on the day the adoption was final.

Doodle at Yellowstone- one ouf our favorite places. Doodle is such an energetic, strong kid. I'm so grateful that he is in our family. We sure love him. He's so smart and fun.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

happy happy birthday! I LOVE the picture of him and his birthday cake. That is SO CUTE!

Stephanie said...

He just keeps getting even cuter!! Happy, happy birthday, Kiddo.

http://starkravingbibliophile.blogspot.com/