Monday, September 8, 2008

Our wonderful weekend!

We had a great time for our anniversary. First off, I met Ben at his work, and the kids went home with Pam (Thanks SO much!) Then we headed south to Provo to This Bed and Breakfast The room was great, with a Huge king size bed and jacuzzi tub. Thursday night we went to Cabellas. (ok- some of you might not think Cabellas is a fun thing to do for an anniversary- but I loved it!) We had a Gift certificate there we've been wanting to use- I found some cute shoes on the clearance section- 2 pair- only $17 a pair! Ben found some cool fishing stuff. We were going to get a new target and arrows for the cabin- but price wise- we decided to go somewhere else for cheap arrows. lol. Then we went out to Dinner at Applebees. I LOVE their Oriental Chicken Salad. Then we headed back to the Bed and Breakfast.

Friday morning after Breakfast- Ben had reservations to go Fly Fishing on the Provo River with a guide. It was so fun! I caught a HUGE 18 inch brown trout, had a few others on, but couldn't land them. I brought the camera- so we could get pictures- but I left the camera Battery sitting in our room. :p So no pictures of the fish.

We went back to the room and got cleaned up and went to Dinner And did a little Thrift store shopping. We found some cool things- a kick/punching bag for Doodle and Bug for Karate, some books (yah- you know me and thrift store bargain books!) A pair of shoes for Ben, some sandals for Doodle.

Saturday morning after breakfast, we went up the canyon and did a little biking around. There are bike trails all over up there. We stopped at Bridal Veil Falls.
Then hopped in the car and Headed for Timpanagos Caves. The hike was STEEP, but only 1 1/2 miles. The caves were awesome, and so was the view from the top! Wow!
We had a wonderful time. We did a little more thrift store shopping on the way back home, Then it's back to real life, went to pick the kids up at my mom and dad's (Thanks SO much Mom and Dad for watching my them!) Ben is such a wonderful husband, and I'm so thankful to be married to him for time and all eternity.

6 comments:

J and Ris said...

Can you believe that it's been 12 years already? Congrats to you two! It sounds like it was a fun weekend. Good job on the thrift shopping. That's my favorite thing to do!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful weekend! :-)

Becky said...

Sounds so fun. What a great weekend away. Any time without kiddos is a great weekend away in my book :)

Erika said...

Happy Anniversary. What a fun weekend. I to like Cabellas. The Utah Cabellas is so much better than the Cabella headquarters.

Lynn Hasty said...

Now, I have to tell you, it sounds like the perfect get-away to me, and you know we'd have been at Cabella's too!! LOL.

And thrift store shopping too? I'm glad you had a nice and safe trip.

Hugs,
Lynn

PS -- The bed and breakfast looks magnificent!!

Rachel said...

Sounds like a great time! Nate would have loved all the activities.....hunting, fishing, cabellas. Ben is really a lucky man! :)