Tuesday, July 8, 2008

"Lellowstone?...I LOVE Lellow!"

As we were getting ready to go into Yellowstone one day- 3 yr old Roo was soo darn cute. He asked where we were going, when we told him Yellowstone, he replied "Lellowstone?! I LOVE Lellow!" (he doesn't quite get his Y's right) And Love Lellow he does- the yellow hot springs, yellow rocks, and of course- Yellow flowers are his favorites. Here's Roo picking some "Lellow" flowers on a walk to feed the fish at Big Springs.

And a few more "Lellowstone" pictures- we hiked to Mystic Falls in Yellowstone on Monday. We had an awesome time. If you ever go to Yellowstone- get off the road- and go take a few hikes! There's sooo much more to see there than Old Faithful (which by the way- isn't the biggest, more predictable, or even the coolest geyser there)Bug in front of a waterfall we stopped to see along the way- I think this was on the Firehole River- but I'm not sure.


Pam, Roo, Bug, Doodle, and our neice K all stopped along the Firehole River.


The Whole Hiking crew in front of Mystic Falls- Me, Nick, Pam, neice K, Roo, Bug and Doodle. It was a nice hike 2.2 miles roundtrip. As we began our trek out- we could hear a thunderstorm moving in- and so Nick and the boys ran back to the car. According to Roo- "That funder freaked me out!" Here's a few more pictures from the hikeUmmmm....Which way do we go?! Nick, Bug and Doodle reading the trail map.


3 comments:

Erika said...

What a fun vacation. I just love yellowstone. When I was a kid my parents took me up there at least once a year. Many times is was more.

Emily said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love "Lellowstone" too. There's just something really cool about that place...er...hot I should say.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures!