Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Boys Club for Next Year

We have such a WONDERFUL homeschool group. There are field trips, co-ops, art classes, girls clubs, PE class, park days, and my little contribution- the "Great American Boys Club" :) I've been working hard to get it all planned out for next year. I am looking forward to it. Here are the plans for the year:
Had to do it as a jpeg in order to keep my nice neat columns- blogger didn't like them

;)If anyone has any bright ideas of activities that would be fun to go along with our club- I'm open to suggestions- ESPECIALLY on those places I have blanks....Abraham Lincoln ideas anyone?

Doesn't look like Blogger likes my jpeg either :p Ok- here's just the list and my activity ideas


Lou Gehrig- One of Baseball’s Greatest by Guernsey Van Riper, Jr.
September

Bean Shooters
Baseball Game


Paul Revere, Boston Patriot by Augusta Stevenson
October
Tin can lanterns
Revere’s ride” obstacle course


Henry Ford, Young Man with Ideas by Hazel B. Aird
November
Use assembly line
Cost? Model cars


Teddy Roosevelt, Young Rough Rider by Edd Winfield Parks
December
asthma- lunch capacity experiment
play capture the fort? (winter)


Walt Disney, Young Movie Maker by Marie Hammontree
January
flip book
_____???


Abraham Lincoln, The Great Emancipator by Augusta Stevenson
February

_____??

_____??


The Story of George Washington Carver by Eva Moore
***NOT a Childhood of Famous Americans title- a Scholastic Biography
Peanut game
Plants, gardening


Benjamin Franklin, Young Printer by Augusta Stevenson
April
fly kites
?small cost for string and materials to make them?
-, make candles, printing press?

May
Pizza Party
Presentations on a Great Man by each boy
Eat Pizza




2 comments:

Eric and Natalie said...

Thank you! I wish we were coming with you too! come to find out the jeep won't pass inspection so we aren't going camping this weekend after all! I am so bummed. anyways have fun....hopefully next year I can convince Eric

Lynn Hasty said...

I would have LOVED having a class like this for my boys when they were younger. I can't think of anything off the top of my head for Abrahan Lincoln, but if I do, I'll let you know.

Lynn