Friday, April 18, 2008

Bug's School

Since I posted what I use for Doodle for school- I decided Bug should get equal play ;) Bug is 9 years old and in 3rd grade. He is a smart kid, and very talented at writing stories. He has a very active imagination with lots of ideas to write about.


Of course- the bulk of our school is Beyond Five in a Row A Unit Study based on great chapter books. We are currently studying Thomas Edison- and Bug is really enjoying it.

We also use Singapore Math 3 (because it's cheap! and gets the job done!) Rod and Staff English 3- kinda looking for something different for next year- I think I'd prefer a workbook approach rather than the book. But otherwise we like it. For Spelling- Christian Liberty Press Spelling workbook. Spelling is not Bug's strong point-which is wierd because he is such an awesome reader. But he is improving. For Handwriting we use Handwriting Without Tears- awesome- I love the simpleness of it. He's working through the cursive book right now.

A few other things we throw in occasionally- History and Art , Typing- onilne game- (link is at the left,) spanish online- (link is at the left)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Bug DOES have a very active imagination. I enjoy listening to him when the boys are playing. No wonder Kace likes playing with him so much, he comes up with the funnest games. (whenever we ask to have doodle over he also wants to have bug come too!)

j4crew said...

Like I said before, you do such a great job homeschooling. Sounds like Bug is doing great!!!