Monday, March 23, 2009

Date to the Zoo

One fun thing we do in our family is that each week someone gets a date- the kids take turns- one week it's Roo and Mom, the next week it's Doodle and mom, then Bug and Mom- Then Ben and I get a date- then the boys each take a turn with Ben. It's a fun way to spend 1-on-1 time with each of the boys, and it ensures that Ben and I get a date- because at least once a month it's our turn- and the boys tell us "You need to go on a date this week"

Well it was Doodle and Mom's turn for a date this week- and since Doodle has been interested in studying animals, I decided it would be fun to go to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City on a date. (Usually the kids get to pick what we do on a date- but I told Doodle I had something planned instead) So on Saturday- Doodle and I went to the Zoo. We had a fun time just the 2 of us. We saw the animals, rode the zoo train, walked all around and explored. We went at his pace- if he wanted to spend 10 minutes watching the giraffes, we could do that, and if he didn't care about the kangaroos- we could say "yup- there's the Kangaroo, let's go see something else."
We enjoyed watching the giraffes- after "rowing" The Giraffe that Walked to Paris for school this week.And the Tortoise was great! Doodle studied Turtles and Tortoises a few weeks ago.I'm sure Tigers will make it into the "I want to study lineup" before too much longer- this one was pacing back and forth along the fence.It was great fun watching the Black Bears play.

Here's Doodle and Mom on the train ride at the zoo.Thanks Doodle for a fun date! I love you! I'm so glad you are my boy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's terrific that you guys got a special date. I love all your zoo pictures! I especially like the last one of you and Doodle up close.

Samantha said...

I think that's great that you take one on one time. We are starting to do that and it's so fun being reminded of what it was like when it was just Brynlee and me. Looks like you had fun. Your kids are growing up way too fast!

Shelley Hansen said...

Ohhhh how sweet that you two got to spend the day together. You look like you had a nice time!

J and Ris said...

That's pretty cool that you got a date with that handsome boy! I love going out with my boys!