Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Road Trip part 2

Friday morning we left Page and took a side trip through Zion National Park. It was absolutely AMAZING! I've lived in Utah my whole life, and never been there before. The sheer cliffs, and the beautiful Red Rock contrasted with the brilliant white snow.
The Zion-Mt Carmel Tunnel was quite the sight to drive through- 1 mile long- (this isn't the mile long- one- but a shorter one we went through first) We took the bikes off the rack- and did
some biking- on the Pa'rus trail
There were about 6 deer not too far off the trail- Roo was so funny- we hopped off the bikes to walk up a trail, and he was in front. A minute later he starts running back to us almost crying- What? "I saw a bear!" ROFL- ok- so it wasn't a bear- but 3 deer. Good eyes kiddo! How many adults would walk right by and never see them- they are quite camoflauged. He has of course heard Bug (many many times) tell about hiking in Yellowstone and there was a Grizzly Bear on their trail. (Read about that Here!)Many of the trails were slick and icy- so we didn't hike on too many trails- but we did take this one at the end of the canyon-
Roo- "flying" down the trailMy STRONG MEN- holding up the rock so I could walk under it.
And Some Indian Petroglyphs- Pretty cool!

We spent the night in Cedar City- and stopped at Cove Fort. It was a neat Pioneer site- I of course forgot to pull out my camera. oops! But it was a GREAT road trip. I love spending time in Nature with my boys. Last summer- the kids and I went to Colorado for a family reunion- while we were there- my dad and uncles and aunts were talking about how when they were little my Grandma would always tell them to "look out the window- Look at the Beautiful rocks....etc" I found myself telling my own children this very same thing "Wow- look at those beautiful Rocks" What a Legacy!

2 comments:

Shelley Hansen said...

Looks like a lot of fun.. I like the pictures.. Thanks for sharing them.. It was good to see you in the store last night..

Melinda said...

beautiful pictures!!I LOVE Southern Utah, if it wasn't so hot during the summer I'd move there!!! BTW loved the "STRONG MEN" photo