Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm so thankful!

As Thanksgiving approaches I think about all the things the Lord has blessed me with. I am so thankful every day for my many blessings. I'm thankful for a wonderful husband who works so hard to support our family. He is such a great husband and father. I'm thankful that I'm able to homeschool our children. I love having them home with me, and being the one to teach them to read and I love exploring new topics with them. I am thankful for my boys. For the opportunity the Lord has given me to be a Mother in Zion. I'm grateful for Bug and his imagination, for Doodle and his sense of humor and yes- I'm even grateful for his energy. I'm thankful for Roo and the happiness and joy he brings to our family. I am thankful for the Gospel in my life. For the knowledge I have that Jesus is the Christ. That he lived, that he atoned for my sins, and that he was crucified and resurrected on the third day. I'm thankful for the Prophet Joseph Smith who restored the gospel to the earth. I am thankful for temples, and the blessing it is to be a family forever. I am thankful to have a living prophet today- President Thomas S. Monson, who receives revelation from the Lord for us in these latter days. I am thankful for the scriptures and the many things that I learn from them every day.
Sunday night for family home evening (we had a lesson Sunday night- and play games and other fun family activites on Monday night's Family Night) We had a lesson from the November Friend on being Grateful. We talked about all the things we are Thankful for, and make a thankful Turkey. (oh look! Use number 11 for craft sticks!- I think we are half-way through 1 of the 8 boxes!)
Each of us colored a craft stick with crayons and wrote what we were thankful for on it. Bug did a great job of drawing the turkey's body for us.
Bug showing off his sticks.
Roo's sticks, he thought I needed a picture of them.
And Doodle working on his sticks- YAH- what's with that silly face?! See what I mean about not being able to get good pictures of him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL post! I love the turkey. :-)