Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Big box fun

Now the bonus to getting a new water heater is according to some boys....THE BOX! So far the box has been:

The Mayflower
a pirate ship
a space ship
a rocket
an airplane
a house
a monkey cage
a clubhouse
a refrigerator
a coffin
a racecar
a great place to read a book
It reminds me of the picture book Christina Katerina and the Box where the girl gets so excited to get a new refrigerator, and she is thrilled with the box. Her mom isn't so glad to have the ugly box sitting under the apple tree, but Christina finds all sorts of uses for the box, a castle, a clubhouse, a racecar, a floor for a ballroom etc. When the box finally falls apart, the mother is relieved to get rid of it- only to find Christina's friend coming down the street with boxes from their washer and dryer for the kids to use as boats.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Isn't funny how kids can fins such pleasure in something so simple. I think I will get my kids a big box, some folding chairs and blankets for Christmas. How I wish it were that simple!

Shelley Hansen said...

I love that kids are like that.

J and Ris said...

What a fun memory for the kids! My kids would do the same thing!