Sunday, May 2, 2010

I LOVE Bountiful Baskets!

Recently I've learned about a super cool produce co-op in our area called Bountiful Baskets. It is such fun and a great deal. Each monday afternoon- you log into their website- and purchase your basket online- for only $15. (some locations offer organic too- for a bit more money) Then on Saturday morning- you go to the pick-up location you specified and get your produce. We've had such fun seeing what's in the baskets for the week. Each week it varies what's in the basket- whatever they can get a good deal on. Here is this week's load.
Contents:
Fruit-
Cantaloupe
Honeydew
3 pkgs Blackberries
bag of apples
a bunch of bananas
8 kiwi
Veggies-
10 or so Roma Tomatoes
1 head leaf lettuce
1 large bunch of spinach
4 artichokes
package of radishes
2 cucumbers
I might be forgetting something- but all in all- I think it was a SUPER deal. Other weeks we've had fresh pineapple, carrots, celery, red potatoes, swiss chard (ok- I admit- I'd never had swiss chard before- we had to look online for a recipe- Ben and I thought it was good, Doodle LOVED it- Bug liked it, and Roo....well Roo doesn't like a lot of things)
More benefits- I've found we eat more fruits and veggetables when we have them around. Also we get to try new things.
Anyhow- check it out!

2 comments:

J and Ris said...

We love, love, love it too!!! I love eating all the yummy, healthy food all weekend long instead of junk food! We love trying some new stuff too. We loved all the kiwi's we got this week! Glad that you guys are loving it!

Rachel said...

My MIL has been doing this for awhile and LOVES IT, my cousins too. I just keep forgetting to get on and order on Monday. I will NOT forget this week.