Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Golden Spike Celebration

Yesterday we went out to Promontory to the Golden Spike Celebration. I won't say we go every year- but I do enjoy going out there and seeing all the festivities.
Bug in front of the Jupiter
HAA! I got you Doodle! Little stinker likes to hide from the camera- Doodle climbing on the Jupiter

Mom, Roo and Doodle taking a little "train" ride down the road and back I say "train" as it was a truck on wheels that looked like a train. But the kids thought it was cool. As we were heading back to civilization, we saw the 119 back up, and the fireman hopped off to switch the tracks.
They have some neat Jr. Ranger activities at the Golden Spike- Definately worth checking out. you can print them off at home- but I think there's probably a few questions that can only be answered by going to the Historic Site.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey Andrea, it is Amy Munns. When I love going to the Golden Spike, my dad used to work there. He would do some of the "acting" in the reacting of the trains coming together. That is cool about you little boy doing gymnastics. My oldest did gymnastics until last year, and it was consuming her life, and our bank account so I encouraged her to quit!

~Amy