Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Target Practice

Bug and I have been taking a Hunter Safety class. We signed up for the online class- But we have our practical range test and the written final exam on Saturday. So Monday for Family Home Evening- we went out to practice shooting. We borrowed my dad's 22's (Thanks Dad!) We hiked a little way up Rattlesnake Canyon and found a nice clearning, Bug did good hitting the target, and even hit the soda pop can. My last round- I really blew the target away- Right in the bull's eye- 3 times!! ;) Now if only I can hit that good on Saturday. Doodle and Roo explored around the area. Then we went to a park for a picnic. It was a fun night. Now's when you are really going to think I'm nuts- It was SO much fun! lol- I loved hitting the target.
Cute picture of my little "Hikerman Roo" (hey Emily- look at my use of the rule of 2/3 ;) I did learn something from scrapbooking night!)
Bug- Reloading the 22

Boom!! Right in the Bullseye!

Little explorers taking a soda pop break.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I am impressed!

Emily said...

YEAH!!! I'm so glad you put some of the photography lesson to good use! Your photos are looking great! :)
Good job on hitting the bulls-eye! I can hit standing targets, but once they start moving, I pretty much stink...

momof3feistykids said...

Awesome pictures!

http://tribeofautodidacts.homeschooljournal.net/