Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Blessings

I am so blessed to have a wonderful family. I am blessed to be able to live nearby to my parents and grandparents. My kids are so lucky to know them! They are such a great example to me. My grandpa Earl passed away Saturday night after a battle with Alzheimer's . He is truly a wonderful man. Always kind, honest and hard-working.

A picture of my Grandparents from a Christmas party a couple years ago.One of the biggest blessings I've found through homeschooling was being able to have my kids spend time with their Great Grandpa. About 2-3 times a month we'd stop in at their house and let my grandma run her errands, and the kids would entertain him, play, watch TV with him. Had I not been homeschooling- they would have been at school when I went to help out. They would have missed out on SO much! Bug worked on his reading merit badge for scouts and read books to his Great Grandpa. A few months ago when he had to go to a Care Center- my kids were excited that now when they did their Homeschool Service, he'd be there to listen to them sing, play the piano and recite their poems. Bug looked forward to reading stories to Grandpa, especially Dr Suess stories. Doodle liked to tease him (and put the brakes on his wheel chair) And Roo loved it when he came and said "Hi Grandpa" and Grandpa replied "Hi Grandpa" Roo said, "He called me Grandpa!"

Grandpa- We love you, and will miss you dearly.

2 comments:

Peggy Davis said...

Sincere sympathy at the loss of your Grandfather. Our prayers are with you.

Kendra said...

So sorry about the loss of your Grandpa, but such sweet and beautiful memories your family has! Until we all see Jesus..