Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Moment of temporary Insanity maybe?

I've always been a "no pets in the house" kind of person. When we got dogs- It was always under the condition that they stay outside. We've hatched chicks- and they've stayed in the house under the condition that when it's warm enough they HAVE to go outside. Well, after visiting his brother last weekend- Ben said we should get some Cockatiels- they would be fun pets for Doodle (whose rabbit died a few weeks ago) Somehow I agreed to it- and here they are- as yet- unnamed- I'll just call them "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" they haven't found their voices yet- so they don't make much noise yet- but Bug is planning on teaching them to whistle Ode to Joy. :D We'll see!

4 comments:

J and Ris said...

what a brave mom! I've had the same rule and so far, we only have 1 dog. Outside! Good luck with the birds and the names.

Stephanie said...

They are beautiful!

Becky said...

I hope I never have to eat my words about the no house pet :)

Melinda said...

I like thing 1 and thing 2!! Brian wanted to buy Abby a bird for her birthday. We took her to the pet shop (called Bird World) and left with a dog!! Go figure!