Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Conference Weekend

What a fun weekend we had. We have the family tradition of going to my Mom and Dad's cabin each year for General Conference weekend. We watch the sessions of General Conference on tv, and the kids get to spend a lot of time playing with their cousins. Sat was cold and windy- and not really "play outside weather" so in between sessions- we went to the movie theater and saw Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D. It was a cute show- Roo of course got scared (he gets scared in any movie with a "bad guy") But did okay snuggling on Ben's lap snarfing down popcorn. Here's a pic of all the grandkids with their 3-D glasses on.Sunday we watched the morning session- then the weather was nice- so we had an Easter Egg Hunt outside. Roo with an egg he found.Bug found one in the firepit.
Doodle searching in the "pot gut" (ground squirell) holesNeice J helping Rachel make dessert.Grandpa with neices J and C.

We listened to the final session of conference on our way home- My favorite talk- Elder Stevensen's on Temples and how our Homes are like Temples. Listen to it here- He said "You are never lost when you can see the Temple" How true. The temple is a wonderful place where I can fell the Spirit of the Lord teaching me the truths of the gospel. He compared our homes to temples. I am grateful for the Gospel in my life- and the opportunity I have to live so close to so many temples. I need to make the time to go more often, and make my home more like the temple.

No comments: