Monday, February 9, 2009

Feb. field trip and Way to go BUG!

Our homeschool group had our field trip on Friday- we had a great class on scuba diving- then we went to the brand new hospital Open House. The new hospital was awesome, So much bigger than the one they are in now. Though as we were being led on the tour, we stopped in at the x-ray department and the CT scan, and I just can't help but think- "Boy that's nice- I sure hope we never need to use it!" The ER looks great with more rooms (as opposed to a curtain dividing you from the next guy. (unfortunatly we have had a few ER visits)

Anyhow- here's a Pic of the kids in front of the doors-
The Hospital had an art contest for the kids- and I figured the boys might as well draw pictures and enter them in the contest. When we went on Friday- we couldn't see the winning pictures anywhere- and when we asked- no one seemed to know anything about it, other than yes the judging was done. So we stopped back by on Sat. to see what we could find out- and lo and behond- Bug's drawing won 1st prize in the 4th grade division! Congrats Bug! You did awesome, and we are proud of you and your developing talent. (that's a talent he definately gets from his dad- cuz I can't even draw stick figures!) (they spelled his last name with a J instead of a D, and put him going to the local elementary school-- I guess they just assumed with the first 3 digits of our phone number being what they are he MUST go to that school :rolling my eyes)

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Way to go Bug. I have seen some of his artwork, he is very talented.

Shelley Hansen said...

Cool.. Good job! We were going to go to the open house, but we were way to busy on Saturday and on Friday.. I guess I will just have to go and see it when I have to use it! Or when it opens! Which ever comes first! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Bug!!