Monday, September 26, 2011

Triathamom

Ben's Sister, Amber and I decided we needed to do another Triathlon (ok- I think I might have pulled her leg a little, and convinced her this time)

Amber and I before the race
Me getting ready for the swim (my favorite part of the race!)  I didn't want to post this embarrasing pic of me in my swimsuit- but if I was going to post the one of Amber below- I thought it only fair. lol
In the pool waiting.  They had us line up by how good of swimmers we were, and then started us about every 10 seconds or so.  It takes forever for those at the back of the line, but I'm not so sure I could do an open body of water swim- yikes- something about fish nibbling at my toes! lol

Swim/bike transition
Amber getting ready for her swim leg
Amber's swim/bike transition
Bike/Run transition
Awww The Finish Line!  What a rush!  THAT is the reason I do these silly things- I just love the feeling of accomplishment when I'm done.  To be able to say "Yah- I did that!"
 Results:
Swim time:  6:54
T1 2:14
Bike Time   54:42
T2   0:58
Run time  42:34
Overall-  1:47:19.6
 
My last race was 1:59 something or other- so I shaved 12 minutes off my time.  :D My only goal was to do better than last time.  So I was pleased!  Amber did wonderful as well, she didn't get to do the run- as we had to hurry and get to the temple for Ben and Amber's cousin Mike's wedding. 
 
I have to put in a few good words about the wonderful things they had for families at this race- they had a bounce house, free cotton candy, free popcorn, sign making activities, face painting, and so much more!  As Ben told the boys mom was done- Roo's answer was "ALREADY?"  He was having too much fun!
 
Soo.....Who's with us next year!?  We are definately doing the Triathamom again next year. 

No comments: