Sunday, August 28, 2011

One of my favorite things:

Seeing this as I am hiking along a trail:

 All my Boys in front of me. ;)
We went for a family backpacking  trip over the weekend.  It was a beautiful hike, and those boys of mine are sure great backpackers-  Roo packed ALL his own stuff- sleeping bag, hammock, clothes,  & food

 Silly Roo dancing with his walking stick
 Doodle is a great backpacker- his pack was almost as heavy as mine. ;) though according to Ben, that's not saying much- cuz mine was rather light. :D
 Bug the mountain man
 See- I was there ;) 
 Beautiful spring we hiked to- it's a HUGE waterfall- that just comes right out of the mountain.
 A little further down the waterfall
 Indian Paintbrush is my very favorite wildflower.
 Roo in his makeshift hammock.  Everyone else had one- so Ben fashioned one for Roo- lol- only problem was he fell out of it in the night.  But he didn't care.  He slept through it, and woke up a while later and realized he was on the ground.
 Doodle loves the hammock he got for his birthday.
 Our little tangle of hammocks.  Roo's the red one- mine the green one at the back, Ben's the one that looks white, Bug's blue one, and Doodle's green one.  Can I just say that hammock was SOOO comfortable.  Bug gave it to me for my birthday- and I was a bit leery- not sure if I'd actually be able to sleep in it- but it was great! And my back wasn't sore from sleeping on the hard ground. (Just from the heavy backpack lol!)
 Me and my Silly Roo- playing around with the camera.  It was a SUPER hike, and I just loved spending the time in the wild with my boys.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

This is on my list of things to do this summer! :D