Monday, November 9, 2009

The "School" Room

I use the term school loosely- as really not much "schooling" takes place in the "school room" But it is where we store all our school stuff. Bug does do most of his studying in there, since he prefers to be where it's quiet- and Doodle can concentrate better if Bug's not in the room to distract him. But anyhow- We've been busy organizing. I LOVE to look at pictures of other homeschoolers "school rooms" Melinda over at Homeschooling a Houseful has a great school closet-- I just love the look of all of her labeled tubs. So here's what we've been working on-

If it didn't look SO much better- I'd be embarrased to post this Before pic:
And the After pics- We bought some cupboards to organize the mess- Inside the closets- top shelves are games, the one closet has reading, phonics, science, nature stuff. I did put labels on all the bins after I took these pictures. The other closet has math, art, crafts, and my planning books and such.The small cupboard hods Bug's school stuff. The desks with Doodle and Roo's workbox drawers.
The Big desk- No it's not Bug's, but he tries to claim it- because he uses this lapbook for lots of his school work. On his way home from buying the cupboards- this was in front of someone's house with a "FREE" sign on it. So Ben snatched it up- and it works GREAT!The printing center, and the play computer. This computer is SO old- we got it when I was pregnant with Bug, but many of the kids games still run on it, and it does have internet access, so I can put Roo playing Starfall or something while the others are working on other things.
I am looking forward to being able to FIND things in my newly organized room. :D

4 comments:

Melinda said...

looks great! I love being organized! It's so freeing! Glad to see the desks are working!

Judd said...

AMAZING!! I love the good feeling that comes from transforming the before to AFTER :)

Becky (not Judd)

Emily said...

It looks amazing! I love organizing...and being able to find organized things!

Shelley Hansen said...

Very nice.. It was good to see you the other.. Sorry I did not say more than two words.. I was in a hurry.. :)
We have been doing some major straightening at our home as well.
Feels great!