Saturday, May 16, 2009

A few of my favorite cookbooks

I just got a GREAT cookbook in the mail from Amazon. I Can't Believe it's Food Storage
I'm not a newbie to Food storage- a couple years ago- we went a whole month living only on our food storage, and I can make a mean yogurt. Lately that's ALL the powdered milk has been used for- But after visiting this blog- http://everydayfoodstorage.net/ a few times- I decided it's time to bump it up a notch and re-incorporate some of those food storage items back into our daily menus. So yesterday morning for breakfast I pulled out the book- and tried the crepes recipe. My boys (Roo especially) LOVE crepes with powdered sugar on them for breakfast. I've tried using powdered milk in them before- and while the boys would eat them- I could taste the powdered milk taste in them- and didn't like them. But this crepes recipe was AWESOME!! I coudn't taste the powdered milk at all- and it even used powdered eggs too! At any rate I give it a huge thumbs up!

My 2nd favorite cookbook Girlfiends on the Go Deseret Book has it in stock- It is a freezer meals coobook with tons of great recipes for freezing. The author is my cousin- and she's an amazing cook. In our ward we have a great little Freezer meals group going- each month we bring 2 different meals for the 3 other families in our group and exchange them. And We each go home with enough meals for twice a week for that month. I get most of my recipes for our little group out of this great cookbook. The hardest part is deciding which delicious recipe to do next month!

2 comments:

Lynn Hasty said...

Andrea, I'm inspired by this post. I'll have to go back and read about your yogurt. I've been wanting to make yogurt. Thanks for the book recommendations too. That's neat that your cousin wrote the book!

Lynn

Rachel said...

I think I will try out those cookbooks. I always love looking through them to see what kinds of recipes to try.