Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Traditions- The Christmas Box

We have lots of fun Family Christmas Traditions. One of the kids' favorite is the Christmas Box. It's a fun wooden box that my mom and dad gave us for Christmas one year- It has 24 doors on it. Starting on December 1, each day the kids get to open up the doors and there is a small toy, or gift for each of them (usually just candy- but they love it!) This helps them count down the days. Roo was SO excited on Monday- all day he kept asking if we could "play that game in the living room" I coudln't figure out what he was talking about- finally Bug told me- he means the Christmas Box. I told them they could open it when Dad got home. The minute Ben walked in the door- Roo was ready to go "play that game"

Here's what the Christmas Box looks like:
A picture to show all the little doors on the boxes.
Doodle opening the first box on Monday- what was in it? Some chocolate Santa candies.

5 comments:

Shelley Hansen said...

I had one of those kind of things when I was little.. Except it was paper.. It was neat! There was a little chocolate in side each door. Agter it was all done with you just threw it away.. I like that you can keep it and use it every year.

Samantha said...

That is so cute! Did your Mom make it?

Becky said...

That looks like a great count down "game".

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful variation on the advent calendar!

JeN said...

I remember doing this as a child and loved it.. what a great tradition for your kids!!