Saturday, May 21, 2011

Women of Steel Tri

The big day came again. After last year's triathlon, Amber and I decided to do it again.  Amber is amazing- having just had a baby 3 months ago.  Here's Roo after the race holding baby N, sitting by her middle ds L.
Here's a few pics from the race-
We did the 300 M pool swim first- but our photographers ;) --wonderful husbands-- were waiting with the kids along the route, so we don't have pics from that leg-
On the first biking leg-
More Biking pics
 Off on the Run- a 5K- YOUCH! It's Sooooo hard to run after biking 12.2 miles!   Major leg cramps
"Running"--- ok- so Ben says when I go that pace- it's not really running, but whatever.   So cute- as we went running by the kids- I hear Roo pipe up "ok- I saw them....NOW can I have a treat?!"  my hungry boys... 
  Amber made us some AWESOME shirts for the race-  Rosie the Riveter with "We can do it" on the back, and a swimmer, biker and runner on the front- WAY cool. 
 Here it is.....The FINISH Line!!

 WAHOO!    Here's my results  1:54:14- almost 2 minutes faster than last year's time.  ;) YES- I know it's not fast- and I'm sure it wasn't pretty- but I did it. (and I wasn't last!!)
WE did it!  Amber- thanks so much for racing with me.  It's been such a great thing to get me in shape, to set a goal and accomplish it.  After last year's race, I felt a little let down- I'd planned on doing a triathlon, and weather changed it to a biathlon.  I can now say "I did a tri"
 That is a smile- Yes, I think I might need to do this again.... maybe a relay instead? who knows.

4 comments:

JeN said...

That's awesome Andrea!! I'm soooo proud of you! I would be happy just to accomplish this:) You have now inspired me!!

Kendra said...

You are AMAZING!

Samantha said...

Good for you guys! You're awesome!t

Eric and Natalie said...

YOUR ARE AWESOME!!! congrats to you!..