Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fishing

AAAH! With Spring in the air it was time to get out the fishing gear. We all got new fishing poles for Christmas this year. Ben and the boys all got collapsible rods, and I got a bright PINK one. I've never really been a girly girl, and lover of all things pink; But I have decided in a house full of boys a little bit of PINK is a good thing. One bonus- my boys won't use a PINK fishing pole, or PINK earbuds- so I don't have to share. ;) Fishing on the Weber River
Roo fishing by Mom
Doodle getting his pole ready
After getting "skunked" in the river- we stopped at a small pond on our way home- it's a "children's fishing hole" and only those under 15 can fish there.
Bug is an avid fisherman- he really takes after Ben.
Doodle is a "fair-weather" fisherman like me ;) If the fishin's good we're interested!Roo was the winner! He was the only one who caught a fish. He was glad to catch his dinner.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I have the same attitude towards pink and fishing...
With all the boys, I've gotta get my girl fix in there somewhere. I only like the good kind of fishing too, not catching is boring!

Rachel said...

I am with you and Emily with your views on fishing! Nate has been itching to get out, but I think it is still too cold for the fish. The boys are also excited so I don't think my ideas will last long! :)