Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dec. Field Trip

We love our Homeschool Group, and the many activities that are planned. Today we went on a Field trip to a Japanese Restaurant and Sushi bar. We don't eat out real often, and when we do- it's definately not to a Sushi Bar ;) So we'd never had Sushi. I've been preparing my boys since we learned where the field trip was, that they would need to try Sushi. We've let them know that there will be times in their life when they'll need to try foods that they aren't familiar with, and this would be a good experience to practice.
Here he's explaining some of the various ingredients that go into his Sushi.
Roo thought this was pretty- cool- Octopus. Doodle volunteered to try Sushi first, I didn't get a pic of him, but he quickly decided he didn't like Sushi. I'm proud of him for trying it, and being so eager to be first. Bug wasn't so sure. I made him eat a 2nd piece so I could get a picture of him eating it. lol- Meanie mom- huh.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Looks like fun, we are proud that they tried... Tim and I of course love sushi, and I'm sure we could introduce some types that all the boys would like!! Maybe we'll have to take you some time!!

Shelley Hansen said...

LOL! Fun... where was this place at? We tried Takahara(spelling??) it is Logan.. They deep fry it.. We liked it alright... It is not something I would want to eat too much of though!